David Taylor, MSN, RN, CNOR, President, Resolute Advisory Group, LLC
Preserving our commitment to patients requires significant moral courage and years of exceptional preparation. Today’s nurses practice in very complex, high stress environments which can lead to complacency, creating the potential for a high-risk environment that can place patients at risk. The OR and CS/SPD are ground zero for exposure to deadly blood borne pathogen exposure, healthcare acquired infections and a host of other environmental exposures that affect the health of our nation and a hospital’s financial viability. So, how do we make it better? In this three-hour super session, we will examine the challenges operating rooms face as nurses manage their practice in the perioperative environment. In a relaxed setting, David and attendees alike will openly and candidly discuss industry-wide issues, share best practices, and problem-solve together, while learning new approaches for tackling your most pressing challenges in an ever-changing health care environment.
- Understand how environmental factors impact safety and how those barriers impact the delivery of care
- Identify the risks associated with the environment and explore ways to mitigate these risks
- Explore how employee engagement impacts the delivery of exceptional care
- Understand the significance of nursing’s role and how shifting those responsibilities impacts all aspects of the job
- Recognize that essential components of a well-designed process improvement initiative can be accomplished
- Discuss barriers nurses encounter as they relate to the operating room and CS/SPD environments